36 Midi Dresses With Maximum Style
Not too mini, not too maxi, but justtttt right.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A tie-front cutie sure to become the new star of your Instagram (besides you, of course).
The straps are adjustable. Also, note that the tie is just for show on some styles, but on others it's real!
Promising review: "This dress was the best online purchase of a dress in my life!!!!! It’s a perfect fit! It’s beautiful!!! Very flowy and I am sooooo shocked that this purchase was so successful, because usually clothes don't fit me when I buy them online." —Mariam
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 32 colors and prints).
2. A drapey, spaghetti strap style with adjustable straps and an elastic waist so it'll fit like a dream.
3. A classic T-shirt dress that's an absolute wardrobe staple and an instant outfit — just throw on a long necklace and flip-flops and go.
Promising review: "This is what you call a plus-size-friendly dress! This material is my best friend and the cut is perfection. I wore this over my bathing suit at the beach, but honestly it can be dressed up or down. Great dress, great quality. It’s a must-buy!!!!" —Alicia G.
Get it from Amazon for $33.90+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and in five colors and prints).
4. A ruched bodice sundress ideal for a day of sipping San Pellegrino and people watching in the park.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this dress! It looks just as pictured. The material is of good quality and thick enough not to be see-through, yet not too heavy, and it’s very well-made. I am 5’5” tall and this dress comes to just below my knees. Would definitely purchase again." —Dee Alvarez
Get it from Amazon for $21.90+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 22 colors and prints).
5. A casual striped number with a roomy chest pocket you're free to fill with sunshine.
Don't worry, it's got side pockets too!
Promising review: "PERFECT! It fits absolutely perfectly!! Length is very modest and nice! It is light weight and comfy! Looks exactly as shown online! I couldn't be happier! And it has pockets!!" —Heidi Bumanlag
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 19 styles, including sleeveless and three-quarter-sleeve versions).
6. A gingham and tiny floral print button-front number, because two prints are better than one — and, as Robin Sparkles would say — they're twice the fun, ask *anyone*.
7. A possibly perfect strappy sundress with pockets that you should probably buy in every print — it's ready to become your summer uniform.
It's got over 2,000 positive reviews! Check out BuzzFeed's full write-up on this beauty.
Promising review: "If you've heard good things about this dress, they're true! I'm one of those people who never writes reviews. I found this dress through a BuzzFeed article and couldn't resist the white sunflower one. The material is stretchy and just fits your body so well. I didn't have any problems with it being see-through while I was wearing light grey underwear. The length is cute, it hugs you in the right spots, and the buttons are fake so they stay uniform all the way down. It's stretchy across the back of the bodice, so bigger-chested people would love this. Me and my mom have completely different body types and the large fits us both amazingly! I'm definitely going to try to order as many prints as I can!" —Courtney Clark
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 34 colors and prints).
8. A bold geometric print find sure to have ya singing "I'm in love with the ~shape~ of you."
Promising review: "I love this dress! Great fit and design. The belt allows you to cinch it to your body's specifications. I wore it to my birthday dinner and also to work, and I got SO many compliments each time. Dress it up or make it more business-like, but BUY IT!" —BAM
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–3XL and in 11 styles).
9. A wedding guest-worthy pleated pretty with chic flared sleeves that makes a bold statement all on its own, but you'll get bonus points for rocking it with a statement necklace.
Some reviewers recommend sizing down!
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this dress! It's flowy and lightweight; not too tight. Can be dressed up or dressed down. The perfect wedding guest or work or church dress! I wear an 18 in pants and typically would order an XL dress, but the large dress fit me perfectly. Follow the sizing guide in the product description! I'm planning on buying another color as well!" —Cailey B.
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in six colors).
10. A breezy, open-back sundress in cotton or linen ideal for twirling around on even the hottest of days. Slide on some flat sandals and go anywhere from errands to brunch.
This Vietnam-based shop sells all kinds of flowy, vintage-y garments like this one!
Promising review: "This is my favorite Etsy purchase...ever. The quality. The uniqueness. The beauty of the simplicity of it. The friendliness of the seller in helping me choose the right color. I. Feel. Like. A. Million. Bucks. Can I have 10 more please?" —Meredith S
11. A leopard spaghetti strap slip situation with a cool slit made for posing and showing off cool shoes. It'll even be purrfect layered with tees, turtlenecks, and jackets come fall!
Promising review: "This dress is sooooo cute! Totally wasn’t what I expected — it was so much better! It has a cute little wrap around bit and is sooo nice on. I’m going to get so much wear out of this during summer. Can be worn causally or dressed up, which I love." —Gemma Jane
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 11 prints).
12. A ruffled floral pick so stunning, it'll have you crying tiers of joy.
Promising review: "I can’t say enough good things about this dress! I love it!! The fit is amazing. The material is lovely. The top, front, and bottom of the dress are lined with a light material, which is perfect. You still get the flowy feel. I just want to twirl around in this dress. My young adult daughter loves it as well!! I couldn’t be happier. It will be my go-to dress this summer" —Carla J. Reid
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in six colors).
13. A super soft striped and belted midi everyone will be ~lining~ up to get a look at.
Promising review: "The fabric feels like Lularoe legging material, but somehow manages to wear with a flowy fit and doesn’t feel clingy. It fits just as I would expect. It’s great because it feels so comfortable (almost like a nightgown), but the stripes elevate the look so that it’s definitely office-appropriate with a nice pair of wedge sandals. I think I’ll also wear this with a denim jacket (sleeves rolled up) and Keds for a more casual look. Love it!!" —Olldashi
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in nine colors).
14. A beyond gorgeous pleated and tiered off-the-shoulder dress that it would basically be rude not to twirl in.
Promising review: "OMG! Awesome!!!!! It drapes beautifully. I plan to wear it on my shoulders, and the elastic seems strong enough to hold. I bought the white and it’s light and airy — not see though at all. I'm so thrilled. I will buy it in black ASAP!" —LB
Get it from Amazon for $29.98+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 20 colors).
15. A ridiculously romantic smocked midi you can smock...er, rock off the shoulder or on for an on-trend cottagecore vibe either way. Hello, perfect summer 2021 dress, come off my Insta feed and into my closet.
Reviewers say it generally runs true to size but a bit on the looser side.
Promising review: "This dress was made for me. Listen, guys, saying this dress is beautiful is such an understatement. Listen, it's the middle of the night and I'm feeling myself. Just wait till it's morning; the looks I'm serving all of you! Update: So I ended up buying three different colors of these dresses. I just loved them all. It's like the designer thought of me when they made these dresses! The material feels great on my body. The upper part is stretchy and fits very well." —Olive Bukuru
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes XS–XL and in eight colors).
16. A pretty polka dot dress complete with a chic tie waist, ruffle shoulders, and (most importantly) roomy pockets for your phone and lip balm (or snacks).
Reviewers say it runs true to size!
Promising review: "For me, clothes pay for themselves based on the number of compliments that are received when an item is worn. I already liked the dress the moment I put it on, but all day long women commented about what a lovely and pretty dress it is (ooh, I like the color, ooh it’s so pretty, ooh, that dress looks like the start of a whole new wardrobe). The compliments made the reasonable dress price feel like a bargain deal. I guess I’m a sucker for polka dots and the power of hearing something positive during the day. In summary: fits well, looks good, you feel good wearing it, and even a 9-year-old boy can take a picture of his mom in this dress and it still looks good. Now I just need to decide what other color to buy." —Isadelle Mercedes
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 15 colors and prints).
17. A flirty ruffled dress giving me serious princess vibes — especially when paired with pearl jewelry and heels.
Promising review: "This dress far surpassed my expectations! I ordered my regular size and it fit like a glove! My BFF's 15-year-old daughter said I look like a modern day Cinderella (she totally made my day!). The dress is beautifully made and the model pictures do this dress no justice. I would buy this dress a 100 times over!!" —anitaj
Get it from Amazon for $38.98+ (available in sizes S–XL and in eight styles).
18. A knockout pencil dress with over 4,000 (!!!) positive reviews that'll slay for work or future festivities and could easily pass for quadruple the price.
Some reviewers recommend sizing up! Check out BuzzFeed's full write-up on this beauty.
Promising review: "You will turn heads in this dress! I wore this to my dance studio's ballet and received so many compliments. People were still talking about it days later. It cups my curves and the color is so vibrant! It stands out in a great way. It's my new favorite dress!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in sizes S–3XL and in 17 colors).
19. A sleek plaid bodycon dress sure to have everyone at work or on the weekends ~checking~ you out.
Promising review: "This is one of my absolute favorite work dresses of all time! I feel like Joan from Mad Men every time I wear it. I get compliments every time. This dress looks even better with a skinny belt, and the mock turtleneck collar is a classy detail that pulls it all together. The fabric is stretchy enough to hug your curves, but not cheap looking. It's thin enough to be comfortable, lightweight and breathable, while still being opaque and good quality. Oh, and it doesn't wrinkle!! I'm usually a size US 14/16, and the 2XL fits me like a glove." —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes L-5XL and in 11 colors and prints).
20. A smocked sundress with cute and adjustable tie straps, which you should only buy if you're okay with the fact that you will ~knot~ be able to go anywhere without being complimented on it.
Promising review: "Absolutely obsessed with this dress, as is everyone else. I had so many requests to know where I got it! Super comfy and the tie straps make it easy to adjust to your comfort. I was able to hide my bra straps under the dress straps. This dress is not see-through at all which is a plus! The bust area is stretchy so it's perfect for the bustier folks! I’m thinking about ordering more colors!" —Marisa Delgado
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in sizes S–XL and in eight colors and prints).
21. An absolutely OMG-worthy ombré sequin bodycon polo dress you're sure to swoon over if you're going for a ~high fashion~ look. When everyone at brunch pairs their white sneakers with a slip skirt and cami, you'll be stunning in this.
Promising review: "OH MY, this dress is so beautiful. I ordered my usual size and the fit was perfect. The dress can be worn with some sneakers or sandals for a more casual chic look, or you can wear it with your favorite heels/wedges for a more elegant look." —Sandra A.
Get it from Eloquii for $129.95 (available in sizes 14–28)
22. A romantic flutter sleeve cutie with a subtle leopard or dot print and a twirl-worthy ruffle hem that'll dress up even the simplest of sandals.
Some reviewers also rocked it as a maternity dress!
Promising review: "Love this dress. True to size. Breezy and comfortable for a hot day. I wore heels for a picture and it looked amazing, but switched to sandals and it looked nice as well. I just had a baby and it worked perfectly for nursing because of the tiny button on the chest." —Jamie Young
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in sizes S-XL and in 16 colors and prints).
23. A cute-as-a-~button~ fit-and-flare boasting over 2,000 positive reviews, generous pockets, and all kinds of cheerful colors and prints.
Reviewers recommend sizing up!
Promising review: "Great, simple, casual dress to throw on in the summer and look put together. Fabric is soft and stretchy. I love that it has front pockets where I can safely put my phone while chasing around a kid on the move. I typically wear a 10 to12 and a large fit fine. Good quality; has held up to several wash/dry cycles. Would recommend and purchase again." —APC
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 44 styles, including some with long sleeves).
24. A beautiful boho chic number you can pair with mules now and booties come fall. Hoop earrings definitely recommended, too.
Reviewer's recommend sizing up if you're busty!
Promising review: "I just underwent a major open surgery and as a result I can only wear loose dresses for the next six weeks. This dress is perfect. Not only does it feel comfortable and fit well, but it is pretty too, and during a time when feeling pretty is exceptionally difficult, this dress made me feel sexy. That’s right — huge incision site, catheter hanging between my legs, barely able to walk...and this dress made me feel sexy. I feel human again." —Annamarie Cozzi
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in 43 prints).
26. A polka dot T-shirt dress with pockets that you may never want to take off. You live in this dress now.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this dress. I ordered the large because I’m large in the breast area and I was worried it would be too tight, but I honestly could have gotten away with the medium, so I would say this dress is pretty true to size. The overall dress is great quality, soft, and comfortable, the pockets aren't skimpy or small, and the dress isn't see-through. I want one in every color." —Tasia B
Get it from Amazon for $35.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 25 styles, including some with long sleeves).
27. A comfy three-quarter-sleeve dress, which is way more than three-quarters awesome. You'll give it a 4/4, 10/10, or whatever you want to call it for versatility, style, and POCKETS!
28. A periwinkle plaid tee dress that's the perfect running-errands-on-the-weekend-but-still-want-to-look-cute 'fit, with sneakers now and combat boots come fall.
29. A fun fit-and-flare ready to become BFFs with basically every accessory and pair of shoes in your closet.
Promising review: "These dresses are fantastic! And this is coming from someone who has always hated wearing dresses. The material is soft and not too heavy, the cut is great, and the POCKETS! I've bought more than one already in the more youthful patterns, and I just adore them. They're comfortable, but I feel completely pretty." —Thatgirl
Get it from Amazon for $26.99+ (available in sizes 14–26 and in 29 styles, including some with long sleeves).
30. A regal, strappy, one-shoulder slip in a stunning emerald hue sure to make everyone at the party in basic LBDs ~green~ with envy.
31. A cozy number that's labeled a nightshirt, but that can easily be dressed up for facing the real world. Pajamas that are also real clothes = the ultimate end-of-quarantimes mood.
Plus it has pockets!!!
Promising review: "I bought this as a dress and not a nightgown and it is absolutely perfect as a dress. It is not see-through at all. I got the floral and the tie-dye. The patterns are beautiful. Colors are vibrant and this can be worn anywhere and no one can tell it’s a sleep dress. I’m over 5'9" and it is a perfect, mid-calf length. I will be ordering many more. I love the V-neck on the dress too. Perfect perfect perfect!!!" —Joy
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes S-XXL and in 18 colors and prints).
32. A customizable color-blocked linen slip dress for a one-of-a-kind take on a trendy look.
It's from a small business specializing in all sorts of linen clothing and based in Latvia.
Promising review: "Perfection!! Custom and friendly service from start to finish. Planning my next purchase from the gifted fabric samples enclosed with the slip dress." —Lynne