According to NPR, the upcoming edition of the the American Psychiatric Association’s DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) will put “pathological grooming” in the same category as obsessive compulsive disorder. Pathological grooming includes nail biting, hair pulling, and skin picking.
Previously, these were in a category called “not otherwise classified”. The new proposal puts obsessive grooming in the same category of obsessive compulsive behavior along with other things like hoarding and body dysmorphia disorders.
Bad news for me, since I’ve always had some sort of nervous habit that I thought was perfectly normal.
2. I’m a cuticle biter (ew)
My actual gross middle finger (please excuse chipped nail polish).
4. What kind of bad habits do you have?
Add yours in the comments!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- FBI agents posed as filmmakers to talk to armed militia during a standoff in Nevada, then used the footage against two men on trial in federal court.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍