9. Admiral Richard Byrd took 2 tons of NECCO wafers on his polar expedition in the ’30s
Since NECCO wafers have an insane shelf life, I guess this is a decent idea. Although the crew probably wished they all would die at sea rather than eat a bunch of NECCO wafers.
11. The Cambridge, MA factory used to have this awesome painted water tower
The factory was located right near the MIT campus in Cambridge from 1937-2001. The building was bought by a pharmaceutical company who paint over the colored water tower with their stupid logo. Booo!
15. If you mix NECCO wafers and Pepsi, it’ll light on fire
I assume because of the glycerine in NECCO wafers or something, but I’m no Bill Nye, ok?
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩