9. Admiral Richard Byrd took 2 tons of NECCO wafers on his polar expedition in the ’30s
Since NECCO wafers have an insane shelf life, I guess this is a decent idea. Although the crew probably wished they all would die at sea rather than eat a bunch of NECCO wafers.
11. The Cambridge, MA factory used to have this awesome painted water tower
The factory was located right near the MIT campus in Cambridge from 1937-2001. The building was bought by a pharmaceutical company who paint over the colored water tower with their stupid logo. Booo!
15. If you mix NECCO wafers and Pepsi, it’ll light on fire
I assume because of the glycerine in NECCO wafers or something, but I’m no Bill Nye, ok?
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.