1. First of all, there is no such thing as a snow day.
2. And you’d better always have a jacket on hand.
3. Because the weather right now means nothing — give it six hours and everything could change.
4. Even our state bird is hardy enough for the winters.
5. You laugh bitterly when people complain about 20-degree weather.
6. Because our weather system just operates differently than other states’.
7. And the concept of skimpy Halloween costumes is totally foreign to you.
8. You accept the presence of jello salad at every holiday meal without question.
9. You don’t have an accent, you swear! Jeez Louise!
10. …at least not until you drink a little.
11. You’ll never forget to stock up for Sunday’s game on Friday or Saturday.
12. And you’ll be lucky if you leave a party within an hour of when you first started trying.
13. You’ll mourn for Camp Snoopy as long as you live.
15. Now YOU have a friend in the diamond business.
16. You can’t believe the rest of the country plays it wrong.
17. 40 degrees = shorts weather.
18. And 70 degrees = turn on the AC.
19. And so is a condition sometimes known as snowball belly.
20. You have to give yourself a pep talk before filling up the tank in the winter.
21. And you better not ever run out of defroster.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸