1. This was the worst Mercury in Retrograde EVER.
For the unfamiliar: Mercury in retrograde is what astrologers call the phenomenon in which the planet Mercury appears to be (though isn’t actually) moving “backwards” for approximately three weeks. This happens three or four times a year, and the consequences (especially this time) are TOTALLY REAL. In general, Mercury in retrograde can be a period of confusion and poor communication for many. Susan Miller, popular astrologist and creator of Astrology Zone, puts it this way:
“What happens when Mercury retrogrades? You miss appointments, your computer equipment crashes, checks get lost, you find the car you just purchased during Mercury retrograde is a lemon. (Or, you hate your haircut, the lamp you bought shorts out, your sister hates her birthday gift.) There will be countless delays, cancellations and postponements—but know these will benefit you in the long run. Don’t fight them, although your frustration level and feeling of restlessness will be hard to cope with at times.”
4. You had trouble with mail and shipping.
Mail and shipping (controlled by Mercury) get messed up in periods of retrograde. The post office announced in early February plans to end Saturday mail delivery and Congress has battled the decision throughout the whole retrograde period.
5. You had problems with travel, particularly by sea.
Sorry for passengers on Carnival Cruise Lines—TWO different ships having technical problems w. Mercury still retrograde in Pisces (the sea)— Astrology Zone
Astrologists warn that Mercury retrograde is not a good time for travel: this retrograde saw a second cruise ship — the Carnival Dream — earn the “poop cruise” moniker. Maybe even worse, the Mark McGrath & Friends Cruise was cruelly canceled before it could even disembark/explain itself.
8. You hopefully didn’t sign any contracts!
Don’t sign a contract of any kind while Mercury is in retrograde because you might not be getting the best offer you could. (Unless you are Joe Flacco, who signed a contract, and whose contract got him $120.6 million. The question is: if he had waited, could he have gotten $121 million?)
12. You were visited by a long-lost person (or concept).
Another feature of Mercury in retrograde is the arrival of a long-lost … thing, in your life: “A lost idea or person can return, especially someone has a mysterious pull on the soul or psyche.” It was your ex, wasn’t it?
13. WE MADE IT (just barely)!
Thankfully, all that should be over, for now. The next Mercury retrograde will happen June 26 - July 20, in the Cancer sign, and it certainly sounds like it should be tamer: “Expect annoyances at home with baking, gardening, and household duties under domesticated Cancer. Complete repair projects that weren’t finished or done correctly.” Baking annoyances! The next Mercury retrograde sounds adorable. But I can see where it could take a turn for the worse in a hurry.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.