12 Simple Beauty Tips That Will Make All The Difference
Your everyday beauty routine awaits.
The following tips are from beauty writer and makeup artist Annamarie Tendler, author of The Daily Face: 25 Makeup Looks for Day, Night, and Everything In Between!.
1. Contouring is easier than you think.
We're not talking Kardashian contouring. This is a five minute routine that will give your cheekbones an extra boost by creating a simple highlight and shadow.
1. With your finger, dot highlighter in a diagonal line from the apple of your cheeks to your temple and blend very well into the skin.
2. With an angled blush brush, apply a matte blush (a couple shades darker than your natural skin tone) in a sweeping motion underneath your cheekbones.
2. If you don't have bad skin, don't wear foundation.
3. If you DO have bad skin, don't wear foundation.
4. Find your perfect shade of red lipstick.
This is personal, not a science, so don’t let anyone tell you there are certain reds you can’t or shouldn’t wear. I don’t subscribe to hard and fast rules. Here are tips that will help you choose which direction to go in.
1. Orange-reds – Bright, lively, often better suited for daytime (but again, no rules)
2. Blue-reds – Deep, dramatic, often very nighttime-y
3. True red – Somewhere in between the other two. Suitable whenever!
5. Know how to curl your eyelashes.
That is, unless you have perfect naturally curled lashes, in which case count your blessings. If you’re like the rest of us, start at the base of your lashes and make 2 or 3 impressions in an upward C curve.
6. Use mascara.
7. Keep lashes curly with waterproof mascara.
8. Find the correct shade of brow pencil.
9. Know how to do a mean cat eye.
Because it wouldn’t hurt if we all channeled a little Brigitte Bardot.
10. Know how to apply individual fake lashes.
They aren’t a necessity, but they sure are fun.