1. He taught us that we can change our world if we take the initiative.
2. He wanted us all to realize that everyone deserves equal rights, and sometimes we need to give our voice to the voiceless.
3. He validated that reading is awesome, and knowledge will take you to new and amazing places.
4. He wanted us to stay true to our word and true to ourselves, no matter what.
5. He taught us that if we remain open-minded, we can discover some pretty great things.
6. He let us know that it's okay to grow up and go off in to the world. You know what you're doing, and you have to believe that you will find your way in the end.
7. He wanted us to open our eyes and realize that the world truly is a funny place.
8. He told us to believe in love.
9. He opened our eyes and made us grateful for what we have.
10. And above all, he told us that no one is "youer than you."
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!