1. OK, so, all credit goes to Tumblr user bouncingbumble for this amazing theory. First up, in both Moana and the Lord of the Rings films, there’s a small and powerful token that belongs to a powerful being.
Bouncingbumble told BuzzFeed News they first noticed the similarities between the two films after reading another Tumblr theory about the effect the Heart of Te Fiti had on Grandma Tala.
“The Heart had basically had the same (just way less sinister) effect on Tala as the Ring had had on Bilbo,” they said. ” Once that parallel was established, other similarities between the Ring and the Heart, Frodo and Moana, started coming out of the woodwork.”
They added that there was one big difference: the moral alignment of the Heart versus the Ring.
“The Ring was straight up Evil, no moral gray areas to be found, as was Sauron,” They said. “The Heart, though, seems to be integral to Te Fiti’s goodness, who [spoilers] I’d still hesitate to call properly evil even when she’s a justifiably pissed off lava demon.”
18. It’s the same dang movie .
Basically, Moana is The Lord of the Rings but without the evil.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.