2. An analysis of 74 studies found that couples that engage in a particular pattern of avoidance can ruin their relationship.
A demand/withdraw pattern happens when one person approaches the other wanting attention — or with a criticism — and is met with silence.
5. And it’s a huge red flag of distress, mentally and physiologically.
Not only are you less happy in your relationship, you can have less intimacy and probably have worse communication — and that can manifest itself as anxiety and other effects, like erectile dysfunction.
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄