1. Miranda Priestly From The Devil Wears Prada
The fierce and stylish antagonist from The Devil Wears Prada runs a big-deal magazine and inspires fear throughout the fashion industry. She is accomplished, but not at missing words. It would be a memorable speech.
2. Henry DeTamble from The Time Traveler’s Wife
The drug-using time traveler copes with a rare genetic condition that has him hopping through the years of his life. He survives, for awhile, by exercising his own moral code. Maybe you’d get a sense of your own future by listening to the guy who already knows his.
3. Enzo from The Art of Racing in the Rain
Sure, he’s a dog. But he’s a wise one. We’ll leave the mechanics of a speaking dog to somebody else.
4. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
This Southern lawyer could speak about social justice, not taking the easy way out, doing the right thing, and being a single parent.
5. Oscar de Leon from The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Even when under the gun, this overweight Dominican nerd still believes that anybody can aspire to a meaningful life.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯