1. Miranda Priestly From The Devil Wears Prada
The fierce and stylish antagonist from The Devil Wears Prada runs a big-deal magazine and inspires fear throughout the fashion industry. She is accomplished, but not at missing words. It would be a memorable speech.
2. Henry DeTamble from The Time Traveler’s Wife
The drug-using time traveler copes with a rare genetic condition that has him hopping through the years of his life. He survives, for awhile, by exercising his own moral code. Maybe you’d get a sense of your own future by listening to the guy who already knows his.
3. Enzo from The Art of Racing in the Rain
Sure, he’s a dog. But he’s a wise one. We’ll leave the mechanics of a speaking dog to somebody else.
4. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
This Southern lawyer could speak about social justice, not taking the easy way out, doing the right thing, and being a single parent.
5. Oscar de Leon from The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
Even when under the gun, this overweight Dominican nerd still believes that anybody can aspire to a meaningful life.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been captured, Turkish media report.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.