This Healthier Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry Is The Perfect Take-Out Alternative
This tastes SO much better than the take-out version.
Healthier Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Watch the recipe video here:
6 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ tablespoon ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 cups broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
¾ cup raw cashews
½ cup water
Brown rice, to serve
1. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, season the chicken with salt, pepper, and cornstarch.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sesame oil.
4. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken begins to brown.
5. Remove chicken and set aside in a separate bowl.
6. Add the broccoli and bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Pour in the sauce and add the cashews. Stir together and allow sauce to thicken.
8. Remove from heat and serve over brown rice.