10. “Homeward Bound” by Simon and Garfunkel
Lyrics: I’m sittin’ in the railway station/ Got a ticket for my destination/ On a tour of one night stands my suitcase and guitar in hand / And every stop is neatly planned/ For a poet and a one man band
9. “Midnight Rider” by the Allman Brothers
Lyrics: And I don’t own the clothes I’m wearing/ And the road goes on forever, and I’ve got one more silver dollar/ But I’m not gonna let ‘em catch me, no/ Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider.
8. “The Passenger” by Iggy Pop
Lyrics: I am the passenger and I ride and I ride/ I ride through the city’s backsides I see the stars come out of the sky/ Yeah, the bright and hollow sky/ You know it looks so good tonight
7. “Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin
Lyrics: I’m goin’ ‘round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way/ I’ve been this way ten years to the day/ Ramble On/ Gotta find the queen of all my dreams
5. “Subterranean Homesick Blues” by Radiohead
Thom Yorke in Humo magazine: “A tribute to Dylan’s ‘Subterranean Homesick Blues.’ (sings) ‘Jonny’s in the basement mixing up the medicine, I’m on the pavement thinking about the government.’ Do I really hope to be on a spaceship? Why not. I believe there are aliens under the ground. I want to see them. I want to see ghosts. I want to walk on the street smiling, knowing that there are little green creatures with incredible large brains and big, beautiful, black eyes, that are filming us with their video cameras.”
4. “Exit Music (For A Film)” by Radiohead
Lyrics: Wake.. from your sleep/ The drying of your tears/ Today we escape, we escape/ Pack.. and get dressed/ Before your father hears us/ Before all hell breaks loose
3. “Me And Bobby McGee” by Janice Joplin
Lyrics: Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train/ And I’s feeling nearly as faded as my jeans/ Bobby thumbed a diesel down just before it rained/ It rode us all the way to New Orleans
2. “Don’t Think Twice, Its Alright” by Bob Dylan
Dylan once said: “A lot of people make it sort of a love song - slow and easygoing. But it isn’t a love song. It’s a statement that maybe you can say something to make yourself feel better. It’s as if you were talking to yourself.”
1. “Waiting Around To Die” by Townes Van Zandt
Lyrics: I guess I keep on gamblin’, lots of booze and lots of ramblin’ It’s easier than just a-waitin’ ‘round to die
- The largest LGBT business association in the US voted to endorse a presidential candidate for the first time in its history, choosing Clinton.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.