1. When OutKast released their debut album in 1994, they put Southern hip-hop on the map.
When they won the award for Best New Group at the 1995 Source Awards, people booed. But over time, they became one of the rap groups most embraced by the mainstream, even winning a Grammy for Album of the Year. (Only two rap acts — Lauryn Hill and OutKast — have ever won that award.)
4. All that growth and experimentation eventually moved Big Boi and Andre 3000 away from each other, though.
Even though creative chemistry is basically impossible to measure, OutKast fans, who’ve been waiting for the duo to record new music together since 2008, already know this.
- The Trump administration deleted a State Department post promoting Trump's Mar-a-lago club after it drew a wave of criticism online.
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now are active in German and French politics 💻
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤