1. Ordering a dry cappuccino makes you an awful human being.
Especially ordering one during the morning rush. They take forever to make, which backs up the rest of the orders. So congrats, now everyone behind you hates you. Plus, it’s not even a cappuccino; it’s a cup of milky-air with some espresso at the bottom. Ugh.
2. Early morning is horrible for everyone, including your barista, so inside voices are appreciated.
Look, I know this is customer service, but cut your barista a little slack if they seem less than thrilled to make your quad-shot short-pull non-fat latte at 7 a.m., OK?
3. Tipping goes a long way to good fortune.
It’s called coffee karma, which means the more you tip the more free drinks you receive from time to time. You don’t need to make it rain, but a light drizzle every now and again is much obliged and will not go unnoticed.
5. The restroom is a privilege, not a right.
OK, maybe not as extreme as this, but remember to be respectful to the fact that other people need to use it. That means not using it as a private conference room/dressing room/shower/shooting gallery/etc. Also, in most instances, coffee shop employees are in charge of cleaning them, so the less foul you can leave them the better.
14. There is such a thing as too much caffeine.
6 a.m.: double espresso
6:30 a.m.: black coffee
7:30 a.m.: macchiato
9 a.m.: another double espresso
10 a.m.: iced coffee
10:05 a.m.: *begins dancing maniacally to imaginary music as reality fades away*
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏