2. By the age of three, she told BuzzFeed Life, her oldest daughter Sophia was already struggling with body image.
“My daughter Sophia was not happy with her kinks and curls because of the doll I was putting in her hands every day,” said Angelica. “Sophia wanted long straight hair, and she even started expressing a strong dislike for her facial features and skin tone.”
3. So Sweeting set out to create a doll that would feel relatable for her daughters.
“At first, my husband and I considered burning every doll she ever owned,” she told BuzzFeed Life. “But that wasn’t the answer and we didn’t want to shut her out from the world.”
7. The Angelica doll is still in its backing phase on Kickstarter, but Sweeting believes that the doll has the potential to truly change things for young women.
“Beauty comes in so many colors and The Angelica Doll was created to help open the eyes of young girls to the complete spectrum of beauty,” she told BuzzFeed Life.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.