4. But lo, there is a problem with beards, even Jamie Dornan’s: POOP.
6. John Golobic, a microbiologist at Quest Diagnostics, tested material swabbed from the beards and found that they were basically as “dirty as toilets.”
Even, perhaps, Tom Hardy’s.
7. Not all the beards Golobic tested contained fecal matter–like bacteria. But the ones that did, he said, were “somewhat disturbing.”
And Golobic also wants people to keep in mind that most things you touch — including your cell phone, your kitchen sponge, and your toothbrush — harbor tons of germs.
So a little beard poop is pretty par for the course.
8. The solution? BEARD SCRUBBING, guys. And keeping your dirty hands away from your facial hair.
This post’s title has been updated to more accurately reflect the findings of the study.
- France will take its first step to electing a new president today and the future of the EU could depend on the outcome 🇫🇷
- After days of deadly riots, Venezuela's president threatened protesters in bizarre video — while playing catch.
- A recent report found that 6 of the largest soft drinks companies, excluding Coca-Cola, use a combined average of just 6.6% recycled plastic.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.