1. Blue Ivy’s hair just became the subject of its very own Change.org petition.
2. The goal of the petition? For Beyoncé to comb Blue Ivy’s hair.
3. Jasmine Toliver, created the Change.org page:
“[All sic] As a woman who understands the importance of hair care” she writes. “It’s disturbing to watch a child suffering from the lack of hair moisture. The parents of Blue Ivy. Sean Carter A.K.A Jay-Z and Beyoncé has failed at numerous attempts of doing Blue Ivy Hair. This matter has escalated to the child developing matted dreads and lint balls. Please let’s get the word out to properly care for Blue Ivy hair.”
4. She claims she started it as a joke.
“Nobody came up with before,” she writes on her Facebook page. “It’s a clever joke.! These blogs and websites are doing the most. My hair look like blue ivy right now except its moisturized and detangled. Yes I’m natural.! Have a seat to most people. I can care less about Beyoncé or jay-z but I do care for the kids hair. People make nothing out of something. I love being black! I’m proud my bloodline runs from Africa. I’m proud of my own tightly coiled kinks. I’m proud of my big lips and brown skin. People just need to breath and chill out.”
6. The comments are, predictably, thoughtful.
7. And let’s remember, Blue Ivy is 2-years-old.
As Yesha Callahan from The Root writes, “Would people be happy if Beyoncé threw a weave or flatiron through Blue Ivy’s hair? Or how about a million beads and braids? Then you’ll have the natural-hair commanders complaining about how much damage that can cause to her hairline. Basically, if you’re Beyoncé and Jay Z, you’re damned if you do Blue Ivy’s hair, and you’re damned if you don’t.”
8. When asked why she started the petition, Toliver had this to say:
“Honestly there’s bigger things going on,” she told BuzzFeed. “I never meant for this to reach social media the way it did. Blue Ivy is a beautiful kid. Shes two years old I’m not being a bully. But I never thought my opinion of comb, care and moisturize would make a big deal. I admire she’s natural. I’m natural myself. But natural doesn’t mean to be left alone. I recommend finger detangling with water and coconut oil. Then an organic conditioner. But Blessings to Blue. I apologize to anyone I might of offended.”
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profits rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸