1. Everybody’s been talking about how model Ashley Graham will appear in an ad in this year’s Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
The curvy plus size model stars in a new campaign for Swimsuits For All that’s all about #CurvesinBikinis. But make no mistake — it’s a paid advertisement, NOT a part of Sports Illustrated’s actual editorial.
2. But Robyn Lawley is ACTUALLY the first plus-size model to ever be included in a Sports Illustrated editorial.
3. Lawley is one of seven “rookie” models in the issue, which also includes Ashley Smith, Erin Heatherton, and Rose Bertram.
4. Lawley is considered one of the first-ever plus-size “supermodels.”
6. Lawley, a size 12, has been very vocal about her distaste for the term “plus-size” in the past.
“People say, ‘How is she a plus-size model?’ and I’m like, ‘Exactly, this is the point, how am I a plus-size model?’” she said in an interview with Clique magazine.
7. She also wants to dispel myths about what it means to be “plus size.”
“People think plus-size models don’t exercise — we do!” she continued. “But it’s about health, not forcing my body to be something it’s not meant to be.”
8. Lawley seems to have had a positive experience with SI.
“Ahhhhhhh I’m beyond ecstatic to join the amazing @si_swimsuit family!!!!” she wrote on Instagram. “If someone told me at the beginning of my career that this would happen I would of said ‘tell em his dreamin’ haha! Thankyou @mj_day @jamesmacari @ja_neyney @darciebaum and the whole SI awesome peeps for embracing who I am in the 2015 issue!!!!! #letsallstraddlecanoes #SISwim #2015rookie”
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌