2. The gown includes a fitted waist and beaded embellishment along the neckline.
It’ll be available later this month.
3. This isn’t the brand’s first foray into wedding dresses, but it is its most affordable.
Their 2006 Viktor & Rolf collection included a wedding dress that retailed for $349. That’s not super expensive for a wedding dress, but it isn’t particularly affordable for H&M, either.
4. H&M isn’t the only mass retailer to offer affordable wedding gowns. Target’s TEVOLIO line comes in around $99 too.
It also offers bridesmaid dresses.
6. If H&M’s $99 dress is successful, it could potentially revolutionize the wedding gown industry.
As the Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey writes, “H&M is essentially telling brides that what they wear on their wedding day has no bearing on how much they love their spouse-to-be.” Which is something we all knew anyway, right, guys? Right?
- Donald Trump will soon be the last Republican standing. Ohio Gov. John Kasich will reportedly end his presidential run 🇺🇸
- Prime Minister David Cameron has bowed to pressure for the UK to accept more unaccompanied child refugees.
- Spelman and Morehouse — elite, historically black U.S. colleges — have again been forced to address sexual violence after an alleged gang rape.