2. The gown includes a fitted waist and beaded embellishment along the neckline.
It’ll be available later this month.
3. This isn’t the brand’s first foray into wedding dresses, but it is its most affordable.
Their 2006 Viktor & Rolf collection included a wedding dress that retailed for $349. That’s not super expensive for a wedding dress, but it isn’t particularly affordable for H&M, either.
4. H&M isn’t the only mass retailer to offer affordable wedding gowns. Target’s TEVOLIO line comes in around $99 too.
It also offers bridesmaid dresses.
6. If H&M’s $99 dress is successful, it could potentially revolutionize the wedding gown industry.
As the Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey writes, “H&M is essentially telling brides that what they wear on their wedding day has no bearing on how much they love their spouse-to-be.” Which is something we all knew anyway, right, guys? Right?
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.