2. The gown includes a fitted waist and beaded embellishment along the neckline.
It’ll be available later this month.
3. This isn’t the brand’s first foray into wedding dresses, but it is its most affordable.
Their 2006 Viktor & Rolf collection included a wedding dress that retailed for $349. That’s not super expensive for a wedding dress, but it isn’t particularly affordable for H&M, either.
4. H&M isn’t the only mass retailer to offer affordable wedding gowns. Target’s TEVOLIO line comes in around $99 too.
It also offers bridesmaid dresses.
6. If H&M’s $99 dress is successful, it could potentially revolutionize the wedding gown industry.
As the Washington Post’s Caitlin Dewey writes, “H&M is essentially telling brides that what they wear on their wedding day has no bearing on how much they love their spouse-to-be.” Which is something we all knew anyway, right, guys? Right?
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.