1. People eat toast with sprinkles on it in the Netherlands!
It’s called hagelslag and it’s basically toast with butter, speculoos, Nutella, or peanut butter TOPPED WITH SPRINKLES!!!
11. Broken rice with grilled pork, a steamed egg, and a bit of bì is the breakfast of champions in Vietnam.
What’s bì? It’s shredded pork mixed with pork skin. Vietnamese people prefer “broken rice”— aka rice made from fractured and broken grains — in the morning because it’s easier to digest.
12. In Malaysia, nasi lemak makes the menu.
Nasi lemak is a rice dish cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaves (you can get these at an Asian grocery store). It’s served with a bunch of different garnishes and is pretty much considered the national dish of Malaysia. Here’s how to make your own.
22. A simple dish of ful medames often makes breakfast plates in Egypt.
Ful medames is a simple, hearty dish made from cooked fava beans, parsley, and olive oil, topped with tomatoes and onions. Egyptians often eat it with a side of falafel. Enjoy your own ful with this recipe.
Are you hungry yet?
Tell us: What do you eat for breakfast where you live? Share in the comments below or add a pic using our Dropbox.
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- Donald Trump said he feels "somewhat" vindicated after the Republican intelligence chairman in the House claimed Trump's team was surveilled.
- Documents about ties between fired Trump adviser Michael Flynn and Russia need to be turned over to House investigators, say oversight chairmen.
- As if it wasn't easy enough to buy someone coffee, you'll now be able to send Starbucks gift cards via text on Apple's iMessage ☕️📲