22 Easy Lifestyle Changes That'll Make You Feel Instantly Better
Improve your life the lazy way!
1. Set your alarm a half hour earlier.
How many mornings have you rushed through your morning routine in a crazy whirl? Waking up an extra half hour may sound like a terrible idea, but it'll give you a little extra breathing room in the morning to to slow down and actually get your day started on the right foot.
2. Try drinking two glasses of water when you wake up.
3. Exercise before you eat breakfast.
4. Make your bed.
5. Splash around in a cold shower.
6. Smile more.
7. Attempt to brush your teeth with your nondominant hand.
If you're left-handed, use your right hand, or vice versa. It'll give your brain a small dose of exercise by challenging your brain to do something new. It may initially confuse your brain, but over time, you'll build up additional neurological strength and awareness that'll make your brain stronger overall.
8. Give flossing a try.
Flossing is the bastard cousin to teeth brushing. But it's super important to healthy teeth and gums, and fresh breath. And it'll save you a ton of time, money, and agony at your next dentist appointment.
9. Trade your daily latte for an Americano.
10. Never shop hungry.
11. Quit your soda addiction.
12. Keep your wallet out of your back pocket.
13. Carry a water bottle with you.
14. Pop a squat.
15. Eat, don't drink, your fruits.
16. Meat eater? Try a Meatless Monday.
Meatless Mondays are a great way to try out a vegetarian diet without fully committing.There are several health, financial, and environmental reasons why vegetarian and vegan diets are beneficial, and Meatless Mondays — a weekly commitment to meat-free living — are a good place to start.
17. Take a daily media break.
18. Addicted to a particular website? Put a block on it.
19. Take the stairs.
Stair climbing is a great way to get a little physical exercise in without heading to the gym. By including stairs in your daily schedule, you can lose weight, strengthen your muscles, and increase your overall health. Read all about the benefits here.