1. Go for waterproof mascara.
Your eyes will water so much! So much! Especially if you bend over, or look side to side, or move your head at all. Your best bet is wearing nothing on your eyes at all, but if you must, waterproof mascara will save you from looking like a human panda bear.
Try: Revlon Photoready 3D Volume Waterproof Mascara ($8.99)
2. Try a moisture-rich lip-balm.
You’re gonna be blowing your nose about 4,505,345 times a day, and you don’t want to be having to worry about whether this’ll smear your lipstick (most lipsticks will just further dry your lips out, FYI). Plus, your lips are likely mega-chapped because you’ve turned into a gross mouth-breather, no? Balm—especially one with SPF protection—will keep them in shape. If you crave color, go for a tinted balm.
3. Go with a green primer.
Sneezing makes your nose red and cracked and sore. To counteract the redness, use a green primer under your foundation to balance out your skin tone.
4. Add a little color.
For some of us, a cold leaves us peaked and feverish, like Beth in Little Women. But for the majority of us, colds leave us sallow and semi-dead looking. Blush can help this.
5. Skip foundation, and try BB Cream instead.
Are you breaking out like you’ve never broken out before? Is your skin a roiling landscape of disgusting. pus-filled zits? Foundation will cover them, but may actually compound your skin problems because it’s so heavy. Try a lighter BB Cream, which offers moisture, coverage, and SPF protection. And keep your paws off the pimples, mmkay?
7. Skin oily? Use blotting papers.
You might be inclined to douse your skin in powder to deal with unwanted oil or shine, but don’t (DON’T!). You’ll just clog your pores and potentially make your skin worse. Instead, use blotting papers to absorb the excess oil.
Try: Paula’s Choice Oil Blotting Papers ($3)
8. De-snot with moisturized tissues.
Your nose is the bane of your existence. Not in sexy Tom Hardy-with-his-arms-around-a-bulldog-crying-way, but in a literal YOUR NOSE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU WAY. Moisturized tissues do help some. Like, a little bit.
Try: Puffs Plus Facial Tissues with Lotion ($8.77)
- The World Health Organization says there is "no public health justification" for postponing or moving the Rio Olympics because of Zika virus.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️