1. Add volume by teasing the top of your ponytail.
2. Give yourself a fuller ponytail — instantly — with this easy trick.
3. Or use a clip to give your pony more lift.
4. Follow these easy tips for more volume.
5. Fine and thin hair is especially prone to heat damage. To keep your hair in good shape, turn the heat down on your styling tools to around 350 degrees, max, and use a thermal protection product.
6. To keep your fine, thin hair from feeling greasy, only apply conditioner to the bottom three-fourths of your hair, and keep conditioner away from your roots.
7. Don't wrap your hair in a towel — blot it instead!
8. Make your braid seem thicker by “pancaking” it.
9. Breathe new life into thin, fine hair by simply switching up your part!
10. Put dry shampoo in your hair at night, rather than in the morning.
11. Thick hair needs major taming, and a Wet Brush can help detangle your hair while you're in the shower.
12. Girls with thick hair need extra-strong bobby pins! To get yours in fighting shape, spray them with hairspray before putting them in your hair.
13. To prevent having to curl your hair for a million years, try using a small-barreled curling iron and wrapping bigger chunks of hair around it.
14. Okay, so this kind of looks insane, but for a really powerful deep conditioning treatment for thick hair, apply leave-in conditioner to the ends and middle of your damp hair, and then wrap in plastic wrap or tie in a bag.
The bag actually helps to trap the heat, which helps the hair absorb more leave-in conditioner more. But be careful not to leave on for too long — one to three hours is a great amount of time to get all that deep conditioning goodness locked in.
For more info, check out this video.
15. Use a bit of hairspray on your hairbrush before running it through your hair — it'll help keep your hair from poofing up.
16. Switch out your regular towel with a microfiber hair towel or turban. It'll cut down on your drying time.
17. Are your ponytails way too heavy for your head? Fake a full pony with this easy trick!
Get the full tutorial here.