1. Being a grown-up sucks sometimes.
Especially when it’s the dead of winter and you realize snow days aren’t really a thing that exist anymore.
The team explained on the company’s blog that their boss had asked them to decorate their desks for the new year to beat the “January blues.”
So, they decided to go the extra mile and construct the castle.
“Being the creative team, we decided we needed to do something special,” they wrote.
They spent about nine hours from start to finish.
The castle is made of more than 480 “bricks,” and the team used 500 pieces of cardboard and 80 hot glue gun sticks.
The other employees seemed pretty amused, but also a little confused.
13. It only got weirder from there.
This sign, calling for the castle’s removal by Monday, appeared on Friday. It is not yet known how the castle dwellers will respond.
16. Watch the team’s whole building process, plus coworker reactions, in the video below.
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Jill Stein filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- Amazon is opening a grocery store in Seattle that will allow shoppers to walk in and walk out — without pulling out their wallets 👀🍎