2. That place in Brooklyn with the awesome rainbow bagels everyone’s been going nuts over?
Rainbow bagels took the internet by storm when Business Insider released a video of the mesmerizingly colorful bagel-making process.
3. Since then, lines have reached Cronut-line levels.
4. And wait times have been nothing short of insane.
5. Well, it seems the hype got too big to handle, because The Bagel Store has shut down.
The shop originally said it would be temporarily closed for renovations but on Feb. 16 it announced that its Bedford Avenue location would be “closed indefinitely.”
Francine LaBarbara, The Bagel Store’s marketing coordinator, told BuzzFeed that it hopes to reopen “within the next couple of days” once the store is better prepared for the high demand.
6. Online orders have also been halted.
LaBarbara said they received over 1,000 orders.
“We can only ship so many a day,” she said.
7. Fortunately, its Metropolitan Avenue location remains open.
LaBarbara said the store’s mom-and-pop nature is what makes it so special. It’s also what makes satisfying such a large influx of customers so difficult.
8. “It’s not a mass production, and that’s what the beauty and specialty of it is,” said LaBarbara.
In fact, it’s just about the opposite of a mass production. Scot Rossillo, the store’s owner and head baker, individually hand-rolls every bagel with only a few other bakers. Sometimes, he and LaBarbara will carpool home together and personally deliver orders to Brooklyn residents.
“It’s a labor of love for Scot. He just loves to create, and he won’t do anything to jeopardize the integrity of his product,” said LaBarbara.
- The 6-year-old boy who was shot Wednesday while on the playground at his elementary school in South Carolina has died.
- Trump's home and golf club near Washington, DC have security cameras inside and out, monitored from New York, insiders say.
- Racist social media users have a new code to avoid censorship — and some are using that code to express support for Trump.