2. When Nchom was 9, she had an accident with frying oil at her family’s store and was left with severe burns.
“Life after the accident wasn’t what I thought it would be,” Nchom told BuzzFeed. “I was stared at by kids and older people whenever I stepped out. I felt like a living statue that people came to see. It pushed me to be rude towards anyone who stared at me. I cursed people out and cried on many occasions.”
Learning to do makeup made her feel more comfortable, and the bullying she faced in school eventually subsided.
Soon, classmates were asking Nchom to do their makeup — which she did at a price of $5-$25 per person.
3. Now, she shares her incredible makeup tutorials on YouTube, including an amazing video where she styled half her face to show the power of makeup.
Nchom, who goes by “Shalom Blac” on YouTube, told BuzzFeed she hopes people who watch her videos “can not only learn how to do makeup, but to learn to live and love themselves for who they truly are.”
9. Watch Nchom’s amazing makeup transformation in this video:
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌