2. When Nchom was 9, she had an accident with frying oil at her family’s store and was left with severe burns.
“Life after the accident wasn’t what I thought it would be,” Nchom told BuzzFeed. “I was stared at by kids and older people whenever I stepped out. I felt like a living statue that people came to see. It pushed me to be rude towards anyone who stared at me. I cursed people out and cried on many occasions.”
Learning to do makeup made her feel more comfortable, and the bullying she faced in school eventually subsided.
Soon, classmates were asking Nchom to do their makeup — which she did at a price of $5-$25 per person.
3. Now, she shares her incredible makeup tutorials on YouTube, including an amazing video where she styled half her face to show the power of makeup.
Nchom, who goes by “Shalom Blac” on YouTube, told BuzzFeed she hopes people who watch her videos “can not only learn how to do makeup, but to learn to live and love themselves for who they truly are.”
9. Watch Nchom’s amazing makeup transformation in this video:
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳