1. Portland-based slam poet Brenna Twohy recently performed “Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them” at the 2014 National Poetry Slam.
10. “I wanted to highlight how unrealistic most pornography’s portrayal of sex is, and how that creates really damaging expectations for both men and women,” Twohy told BuzzFeed.
11. “I had been trying to express my frustrations with rape culture and mainstream pornography, but I didn’t think it would make a high-scoring ‘slam poem.’ Once I gave up that goal, I was free to write what I wanted.”
12. Watch the whole poem here:
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀