1. Portland-based slam poet Brenna Twohy recently performed “Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them” at the 2014 National Poetry Slam.
10. “I wanted to highlight how unrealistic most pornography’s portrayal of sex is, and how that creates really damaging expectations for both men and women,” Twohy told BuzzFeed.
11. “I had been trying to express my frustrations with rape culture and mainstream pornography, but I didn’t think it would make a high-scoring ‘slam poem.’ Once I gave up that goal, I was free to write what I wanted.”
12. Watch the whole poem here:
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.