1. Portland-based slam poet Brenna Twohy recently performed “Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them” at the 2014 National Poetry Slam.
10. “I wanted to highlight how unrealistic most pornography’s portrayal of sex is, and how that creates really damaging expectations for both men and women,” Twohy told BuzzFeed.
11. “I had been trying to express my frustrations with rape culture and mainstream pornography, but I didn’t think it would make a high-scoring ‘slam poem.’ Once I gave up that goal, I was free to write what I wanted.”
12. Watch the whole poem here:
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏