1. Portland-based slam poet Brenna Twohy recently performed “Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them” at the 2014 National Poetry Slam.
10. “I wanted to highlight how unrealistic most pornography’s portrayal of sex is, and how that creates really damaging expectations for both men and women,” Twohy told BuzzFeed.
11. “I had been trying to express my frustrations with rape culture and mainstream pornography, but I didn’t think it would make a high-scoring ‘slam poem.’ Once I gave up that goal, I was free to write what I wanted.”
12. Watch the whole poem here:
- Congress has voted to override President Obama's veto of a bill that'd allow families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- Jerry Springer says Donald Trump probably wouldn't be on his show because his guests are authentic and tell the truth.