21 Reasons You Should Be Watching "Parenthood"
It's almost all over FOREVER, which makes it the best time to start.
1. You'll cry happy tears at least three times per episode.
The parents in this show do things like park their cars outside of school and wait there all day so their adopted child feels safe on their first day.
2. Characters can make mistakes and still be loved and supported.
3. It shows what it's like to raise a child with Asperger's, some of the most poignant scenes based on real experiences.
4. And it's not written as a one-sided, melodramatic issue but rather as a family loving and trying to better understand a unique child.
5. The family is warm and accepting of literally everyone.
Haddie did not have to worry about coming out to her parents.
6. And it is a show that is never judgmentally of the choices its characters make.
7. The conflicts aren't easily solved and are realistically heartbreaking.
Like when Julia and Joel cry while preparing to divorce.
8. But right when you lose hope, it will always pick you back up and make you feel better.
9. It's also subtly romantic and will restore your faith in love many, many times.
10. It's not all dramatic though. There's tons of funny and downright adorable moments.
NBC / http://parenthood-gifs.tumblr.com/post/65064877807
11. And, whether for comedic or dramatic purposes, it's not afraid to get real.
NBC / http://sheoing.tumblr.com/post/62416550553
12. Every character will say something that will inspire you at some point.
13. You will have relationship jealousy, ALL THE TIME.
NBC / http://halpertjames.tumblr.com/post/57648793225
HELLO, BEAUTIFUL POWER COUPLE WHO CAN TELL JOKES TO DIFFUSE TENSE MOMENTS.
14. And family envy. SERIOUSLY. LOOK AT THIS PERFECTLY GOOFY, WONDERFUL GROUP.
15. Everyone's lives change so drastically after the pilot episode.
16. And you'll be amazed to see how much everyone grows by the end.
NBC / http://parenthood-gifs.tumblr.com/
Seriously. It'll spook ya.
17. You'll find yourself rooting for every character because you'll be with them for the whole ride.
18. You'll desperately wish you could hop through the screen and join the fam.
NBC / http://parenthoodgifs.tumblr.com/post/98797577744
19. Because they all just GET you.
NBC / http://chinuplittlepup.tumblr.com/post/62765442629
20. It's a show that, at the core of it all, is full of so much love.
21. And you're lying if you say you don't want to be part of the Braverman clan.
NBC / http://kelly-clarkson.tumblr.com/post/54957385844