When the ol' bedroom routine starts to feel, well, a little too routine, and all those new age sex positions seem way too intimidating, sometimes it's best to start with the basics.
And given the trendy nature of tantric sex among trendy magazines and internet circles, we asked two experts for tips on easing into the ancient spiritual practice: Raga Prem and Ganga Prem, who are both sex therapists from the Brazil-based Tantra Yoga Lab. Here's a few tips they've suggested for mixing it up in bed:
1. Make a conscious effort to notice your breathing with your partner.
2. Try tapping into senses beyond just touch.
3. Take your focus off the genitals.
4. Create your own rhythms.
5. Take turns experimenting with dominance and submission.
6. Lube is so important.
7. Don't get so attached to erections and ejaculation.
8. Get to know your partner's genitals better — and your own, as well!
9. And finally, work that pelvic floor!
This post was translated from Portuguese.