2. The Library & Information Science field is evolving.
Forget working only in dusty book stacks. There are modern technology and data-based jobs for Library degree-holders such as Digital Manuscripts Project Manager, Information Research Specialist, Web Project Manager, GIS Map Specialist, Creative Project Manager, etc.
There’s even such a thing as a “Wine Librarian.”
Best job ever? Read more about wine libraries here.
Nothing exemplifies a good time like a dance party at the library!
9. But most importantly, librarians make a difference.
According to NPR, “Most inmates will never win early release, so the library becomes a place to improve reading skills, write a letter home, watch an instructional video on auto mechanics or just escape, mentally.” Hear this NPR interview with Prison Librarian Glennor Shirley here.
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.