2. The Library & Information Science field is evolving.
Forget working only in dusty book stacks. There are modern technology and data-based jobs for Library degree-holders such as Digital Manuscripts Project Manager, Information Research Specialist, Web Project Manager, GIS Map Specialist, Creative Project Manager, etc.
There’s even such a thing as a “Wine Librarian.”
Best job ever? Read more about wine libraries here.
Nothing exemplifies a good time like a dance party at the library!
9. But most importantly, librarians make a difference.
According to NPR, “Most inmates will never win early release, so the library becomes a place to improve reading skills, write a letter home, watch an instructional video on auto mechanics or just escape, mentally.” Hear this NPR interview with Prison Librarian Glennor Shirley here.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.