2. The Library & Information Science field is evolving.
Forget working only in dusty book stacks. There are modern technology and data-based jobs for Library degree-holders such as Digital Manuscripts Project Manager, Information Research Specialist, Web Project Manager, GIS Map Specialist, Creative Project Manager, etc.
There’s even such a thing as a “Wine Librarian.”
Best job ever? Read more about wine libraries here.
Nothing exemplifies a good time like a dance party at the library!
9. But most importantly, librarians make a difference.
According to NPR, “Most inmates will never win early release, so the library becomes a place to improve reading skills, write a letter home, watch an instructional video on auto mechanics or just escape, mentally.” Hear this NPR interview with Prison Librarian Glennor Shirley here.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲