1. They won the 2010 World Cup, and they are ready to defend their title this time around.
2. This is their line-up for this year’s World Cup. Talk about impressive!
5. Seriously, the Spanish will show up for their team.
6. They are placed as the No. 1 team in the FIFA ranking position.
They’ve been ranked first since 2008.
8. They won the last two Euro titles (2012 and 2008) as well as the 2010 World Cup, making them the first team to win three consecutive continental championships.
9. This will be their 14th appearance at a World Cup competition.
10. They hosted the World Cup in 1982 and this was their mascot:
It’s called Naranjito. Even though not everyone liked him at the time, Naranjito has had some mad staying power.
11. Their greatest player ever is Iker Casillas, who is Spain’s current goalkeeper and captain.
He also holds the record for the longest time defending goals for “La Roja.”
13. Every time Spain plays, the cameras will constantly jump to shots of Shakira juxtaposed with Pique.
If Spain gives up a goal, her suffering and angst will be our suffering and angst.
15. Their coach, Vicente del Bosque, is confident of their chances of winning this year’s World Cup competition.
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- Tim Hortons, Canada's biggest coffee chain, is opening its first UK store next month ahead of a rollout across the country 🍩