1. Some people think you go to an Ivy League school when you tell them you go/went to Purdue
2. You know that PAL sucks, and 3.0 isn't better.
3. The weather is always wonderful
4. You know to avoid the wind tunnel underneath the Math Building
5. And you know that Purdue crews don't know how to clear snow off the sidewalks properly
6. Stephen Colbert representing Purdue on the Colbert Report. Enough said.
7. Okay, sometimes Purdue Pete can be creepy...
8. You know that the Boilermaker Special is Purdue's official mascot, and that it is the largest, fastest, and most annoying mascot in the world.
9. You hate Notre Dame simply because their fans are annoying and never went to ND
10. They're even worse when they cheer for Indiana University in the winter...
But at least you know what to get them for Christmas
11. They also go to other colleges in Indiana, like Ball State or Indiana State, or they never went to college at all.
12. You roll your eyes every time an IU fan mentions "banners"
13. IU students and fans like to rub it in your face that they came back from the bottom of the Big Ten, beat bad Purdue teams, and went to back-to-back Sweet 16s
14. You know the lyrics to "Party in the USA" thanks to the Paint Crew
15. You beam with pride when talking about Neil Armstrong being a Boilermaker
16. And don't forget about Drew Brees
Other awesome Purdue grads include:
Gene Cernan (last man on the moon)
Captain "Sully" Sullenberger (Yes, the same guy who landed a plane on the Hudson River)
Ryan Newman (one of the few, if only, NASCAR drivers with a college degree)
Orville Redenbacher (you're welcome for the delicious popcorn)
And many other badasses listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Purdue_University_people