1. Ukraine’s parliament convened on Wednesday for the first time since a controversial election in October. It didn’t end well.
The words on the shirts read, “Freedom to Political Prisoners,” a reference to former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, whose imprisonment for alleged abuse of power is considered politically motivated by many.
6. Then, on Thursday, opposition lawmakers abandoned the session in protest of their minority status.
7. But not before a few words from Vitali Klitschko, chairman of the opposition party and a heavyweight champion boxer …
9. … and another fistfight, of course.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱