PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea says its leader Kim Jong Un has been promoted to marshal, the military’s highest rank.
North Korean state media made the announcement Wednesday in a special bulletin.
The move follows several days of reshuffling at the highest levels of North Korea’s most powerful institution: its million-man military. The changes are widely seen by outside observers as an attempt by the new leader to put his stamp on the government he inherited seven months ago when his father Kim Jong Il died.
3. To prepare for the new job, he’s been touching a lot of weapons and waving at people in uniform.
9. So, Kim Jong Un, congratulations on your promotion.
18. But no one’s happier for you than yourself.
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- The Oakland warehouse where 36 people were killed last week may have never been subject to a fire inspection — a yearly requirement.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Uber finally laid out hard rules for riders: No guns, sex, or barfing, please 🚗❌