2. Big Tex in 2010:
11. Obviously, all of Texas is in mourning:
Big Tex burned down today :(((((( I’m crying— Sohana Islam
Adios, Big Tex. You were as big as you were Texan. You will be missed. http://t.co/7bBIfRGl— Claw’b GraveRobber
Big Tex was always chilling broâ€¦Never had no problems with anybodyâ€¦— Rhyian.
Big Tex most likely died of natural causes according to DPD source. Mechanical problem not a homicide. #RIPBigTex— Rebecca Lopez
Everyone thinks its hilarious that big tex is on fire…. Like no… It’s sad #heartless— Drew Lucas
Big Tex burnt down………. That makes me really sad ðŸ˜— Ashlyn Massey
We shall rebuild Big Tex bigger and Texier than ever.— kherman
Rest in Peace Big Tex…. Sad day for all Texans. http://t.co/axJJowkg— Pledge Will Keffler
Its a sad sad day in Dallas. Our version of the Hollywood sign, BIG TEX, burned down this morning :( And the fried food jokes are cruel.— Courtney Kerr
Say it ain’t so!! Big Tex caught on fire? How did this happen? I’m so sad now!— Carmen Williams
Big tex caught on fire. Brb crying. #RIPBIGTEX— Caitie Santa Maria
Big Tex….. Nawwwww Mayne !!!!! It’s A Sad Day !!!!!!— D.J. Q…
26. And then there are these people…
this big tex thing is like 9/11 for texans.— THE JET PLANE âœˆ
Big tex is dead. This must be how new york felt on 9/11.— Shelby Librach
Big tex burning is equilivent to 9/11— Justin Womack
holy crap, 9/11 of the Texas State Fair? #BigTex— Chase Blakeley
- The largest LGBT business association in the US voted to endorse a presidential candidate for the first time in its history, choosing Clinton.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.