Katee Sackhoff, the 33-year-old actress who’s starred in Battlestar Galactica, 24, and the new series Longmire, claimed she lost half of her 100,000 followers Monday when she tweeted about practicing gun safety.
14. UPDATE — Saturday, June 15: Sackhoff has responded to the mini-controversy.
I did not lose half my Twitter followers. My tweet was an attempt to diffuse a discussion that, for the moment had gotten slightly heated. And in 140 characters anger, frustration, and also humor do not translate well …
This was a light hearted attempt to change the subject for the moment. I never dreamed it would be printed as truth and not FACT checked …
My opinions are just that, my truth is my integrity. And my integrity is my character. I hope none of that has come into question this week.
Read her full response here.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.