1. A massive car bomb exploded Thursday in Damascus, Syria, near the headquarters of the ruling political party.
2. Syrian state media referred to the attack as a suicide bombing by “terrorists” who oppose the government and President Bashar al-Assad, according to the AP.
3. Syrian media also reported that 53 people died. But rebel activists put the toll at 59. That figure exceeds Damascus’ most deadly attack of the two-year conflict — a double suicide bombing that killed 55 last May.
Syrian security agents carrying a body.
4. Both reports indicate more than 200 were wounded.
Syrian Arab Red Crescent volunteers carry a wounded man.
Syrians shout slogans as they stand next to the crater.
An injured Syrian man lies on the ground after the explosion.
- Bernie Sanders tried to rally his supporters, but got booed when he urged them to vote for Hillary Clinton 😡🇺🇸