1. This is Cameron van der Burgh.
Last week he won the gold medal in the 100m breaststroke. But as people began to review his gold medal performance, they noticed something that was not totally kosher.
2. In the breaststroke, swimmers are allowed a single dolphin kick (which is exactly what it sounds like) when they enter the pool, and one after each turn.
With no official underwater video judging at the Olympics, swimmers sometimes try to sneak extra kicks. This video shows van der Burgh employing three dolphin kicks in his gold-medal and world-record-setting run.
According to NBC, the IOC and FINA (the international governing body of swimming, diving, water polo, etc.) are not expected to rule against the South African swimmer.
- Thousands have made it to the Women's March on Washington to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Crowds for the Women's March in Washington, DC, are turning out to be much larger than for the inauguration so far.
- Marches are being held around the world in solidarity with the women in Washington.
- People are participating in the Women's March today all the way in Antarctica, surrounded by penguins ❄️