1. This is Cameron van der Burgh.
Last week he won the gold medal in the 100m breaststroke. But as people began to review his gold medal performance, they noticed something that was not totally kosher.
2. In the breaststroke, swimmers are allowed a single dolphin kick (which is exactly what it sounds like) when they enter the pool, and one after each turn.
With no official underwater video judging at the Olympics, swimmers sometimes try to sneak extra kicks. This video shows van der Burgh employing three dolphin kicks in his gold-medal and world-record-setting run.
According to NBC, the IOC and FINA (the international governing body of swimming, diving, water polo, etc.) are not expected to rule against the South African swimmer.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯