1. This is Cameron van der Burgh.
Last week he won the gold medal in the 100m breaststroke. But as people began to review his gold medal performance, they noticed something that was not totally kosher.
2. In the breaststroke, swimmers are allowed a single dolphin kick (which is exactly what it sounds like) when they enter the pool, and one after each turn.
With no official underwater video judging at the Olympics, swimmers sometimes try to sneak extra kicks. This video shows van der Burgh employing three dolphin kicks in his gold-medal and world-record-setting run.
According to NBC, the IOC and FINA (the international governing body of swimming, diving, water polo, etc.) are not expected to rule against the South African swimmer.
- Rudy Giuliani no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗