1. This is Cameron van der Burgh.
Last week he won the gold medal in the 100m breaststroke. But as people began to review his gold medal performance, they noticed something that was not totally kosher.
2. In the breaststroke, swimmers are allowed a single dolphin kick (which is exactly what it sounds like) when they enter the pool, and one after each turn.
With no official underwater video judging at the Olympics, swimmers sometimes try to sneak extra kicks. This video shows van der Burgh employing three dolphin kicks in his gold-medal and world-record-setting run.
According to NBC, the IOC and FINA (the international governing body of swimming, diving, water polo, etc.) are not expected to rule against the South African swimmer.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Britney, Beyoncé, and a secret committee: 16 things you never knew about the MTV VMAs (on tonight at 9 ET) 🎵📺