1. This Is Oscar Pistorius
He is a sprinter from South Africa, and a double amputee. He is one of six Olympians to ever compete at both the Olympic and Paralympic games in the same year.
2. Today He Made History
He became the first double amputee runner to ever compete in the Olympics. He ran in a qualifying heat for the 400m.
3. And, Oh Yeah, He Was Awesome
His time of 45.44 was enough to come in second in his heat (behind only the “second fastest man in the world” Luguelin Santos of the Dominican) and qualify to move on to the semi-finals.
5. Watch The Whole Race Here:
The semifinals are tomorrow at 3:40pm EDT.
6. Also, check out the Nike swooshes on his racing legs, which are called Flex-Foot Cheetahs.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯