1. This Is Oscar Pistorius
He is a sprinter from South Africa, and a double amputee. He is one of six Olympians to ever compete at both the Olympic and Paralympic games in the same year.
2. Today He Made History
He became the first double amputee runner to ever compete in the Olympics. He ran in a qualifying heat for the 400m.
3. And, Oh Yeah, He Was Awesome
His time of 45.44 was enough to come in second in his heat (behind only the “second fastest man in the world” Luguelin Santos of the Dominican) and qualify to move on to the semi-finals.
5. Watch The Whole Race Here:
The semifinals are tomorrow at 3:40pm EDT.
6. Also, check out the Nike swooshes on his racing legs, which are called Flex-Foot Cheetahs.
- Top Mexican soccer player Alan Pulido has been rescued after he was kidnapped outside of his hometown in Tamaulipas.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Lights have turned Australia's most iconic buildings into seriously psychedelic works of art.