1. Rachel Aviles Is A Lesbian
Until recently she was also a Senior at The Master’s School in West Simsbury, Connecticut, but because she likes girls that’s no longer true. Last spring a lot of the students went on a trip. On said trip many of the girls goofily pretended to be married. They called each other “wifey,” they held hands, they were teenagers. Upon hearing about this “outrageous behavior,” the administration called all of the girls into the office, and questioned them on their sexual orientation. When asked, Aviles told them that she was a lesbian.
Aviles, who wasn’t a Christian, but by all reports was respectful of the faith, was then encouraged to withdraw from school, or else she would face expulsion. Aviles acquiesced but said that it was a “not thinly veiled threat.”
Though the headmaster would not comment, Aviles’ former coach, Heather Lodovico, recalled a text conversation the two had on the occassion of Aviles’ exit.
“She texted me and said something like ‘They kicked me out,’ and I made a joke, ‘What, are you pregnant?’ and she said, ‘No, worse. I’m gay.’”
The kicker to all of this is that when she was interviewed Rachel said that she didn’t want Master’s to look bad saying, “Just because you’ve been wronged doesn’t mean you have the right to wrong back.”
I’m left with two thoughts. First, Jesus seemed like such a tolerant guy. Second, I think he would have really appreciated the way Rachel handled this.
You know, if he were real.*
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀