This photo taken by The Washington Post’s Tracy Woodward was given an Award of Excellence in the 2013 White House News Photographers Association’s ‘Eyes of History’ photo contest. It’s pretty great, right?
3. There’s only one problem. Look how weird the edge of the wrestler’s arm looks.
4. I wonder why his arm has all that weird… IT’S BECAUSE A MAN WAS ERASED FROM HISTORY. (Or at least this photo.)
Altering photographs for the contest was expressly prohibited. The Post released the following statement:
Once Post editors saw that it had been altered from what had originally been published in The Post, we withdrew the photo from consideration. The Post’s ethics policy prohibits the manipulation of photographs, and we have taken action in accordance with that policy.
No word on how the ref has handled being erased from space and time, nor whether the experience was gradual (like Marty McFly in Back to the Future) or all at once like Lou Bega from our collective consciousness.
H/T DL Cade at Petapixel.
- Indiana votes on Tuesday, and it could be Ted Cruz's last big chance to end Trump's winning streak in the U.S. presidential race 🇺🇸
- Smash hit "Hamilton" received 16 Tony Award nominations, breaking the record held by "The Producers" and "Billy Elliot."
- And members of Turkey's parliament got into a huge brawl during a debate about prosecuting lawmakers. Fists were flying 👊