25 Reasons Starter Jackets Were The Coolest Things That Ever Existed
An ode to the coolest jacket (with a built in fanny pack!) that's ever existed.
1. They had an awesome slogan.
2. And knew that plain-old zippers were for nerds.
3. They made catalogs fun to read.
4. And could help you fall in love.
5. They were so cool that even Isiah thomas's stupid turtleneck couldn't ruin them.
6. They go great with everything (but mainly snapback hats).
7. They let you look as tough as humanly possible while wearing teal.
8. Sometimes they let you make hyper-specific points.
9. They eschewed subtlety in favor of "giant honking logos."
10. No seriously. The bigger the better.
11. I don't think you understand, just how insanely big these logos were...
12. They look awesome on people of all shapes and sizes. From large gentlemen like Rick Ross...
13. To smaller folk like the boys of Another Bad Creation.
14. They accomplished the impossible and (indirectly) made fanny packs popular.
15. They were so much cooler than their imitators.
16. Starter Jackets were so cool that even LA Law's Corbin Bernsen wore them. (And so did Brooke Shields!)
17. They've even inspired songs!
18. Plus they could help you dance better.
19. And don't forget, they were super functional jackets that kept you warm.
20. They were a great look to break out at the club.
The bottom line is...