October 1st, 1967: Carl Yastrzemski wins baseball’s Triple Crown
Batting Average: .326
Home Runs: 44
2. Jimi Hendrix’s “Axis: Bold As Love” was released.
3. Man walked on the moon for the first time.
4. Barack Obama turned seven years old.
6. Anna Nicole Smith lived her entire life.
8. VHS was introduced.
9. “Saturday Night Live” debuted.
10. The Berlin Wall fell.
13. People heard this sound for the first time.
14. 10 Baseball teams came into existence.
• Kansas City Royals
• Montreal Expos (now Washington Nationals)
• San Diego Padres
• Seattle Pilots (now Milwaukee Brewers)
• Seattle Mariners
• Toronto Blue Jays
• Colorado Rockies
• Florida/Miami Marlins
• Arizona Diamondbacks
• Tampa Bay Rays
15. 25 different Olympic Games were held.
October 3, 2012: Miguel Cabrera becomes the first man since Carl Yastrzemski to win the Triple Crown.
Batting average: .330
Home Runs: 44
MLB’s PR department said it right:
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.