October 1st, 1967: Carl Yastrzemski wins baseball’s Triple Crown
Batting Average: .326
Home Runs: 44
2. Jimi Hendrix’s “Axis: Bold As Love” was released.
3. Man walked on the moon for the first time.
4. Barack Obama turned seven years old.
6. Anna Nicole Smith lived her entire life.
8. VHS was introduced.
9. “Saturday Night Live” debuted.
10. The Berlin Wall fell.
13. People heard this sound for the first time.
14. 10 Baseball teams came into existence.
• Kansas City Royals
• Montreal Expos (now Washington Nationals)
• San Diego Padres
• Seattle Pilots (now Milwaukee Brewers)
• Seattle Mariners
• Toronto Blue Jays
• Colorado Rockies
• Florida/Miami Marlins
• Arizona Diamondbacks
• Tampa Bay Rays
15. 25 different Olympic Games were held.
October 3, 2012: Miguel Cabrera becomes the first man since Carl Yastrzemski to win the Triple Crown.
Batting average: .330
Home Runs: 44
MLB’s PR department said it right:
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."