1. The W in Clark W Griswold Stands For Wilhelm
Like the scream.
2. Originally, We Were Supposed To See Aunt Edna Wiggle Her Fingers While Tied To The Top Of The Car
But the ratings board deemed it too cruel.
3. Originally The Film Ended With The Griswolds Taking Roy Wally (Eddie Bracken) Hostage
The original filmed ending had the Griswolds leave Walley World and go to the house of Roy Walley. The Griswolds then held the family hostage, making them perform the Walley World theme until the police showed up. Test audiences hated this ending so they filmed the John Candy bits in the park later.
4. All The Distant Shots Of Walley World Are Matte Paintings
Including this one the car drives under.
5. Harold Ramis Was Inspired To Shoot Wide Shots Of Clark Alone In The Desert By La Guerre Du Feu
I totally got that vibe…
6. It Was The Only Vacation Movie To Receive An R Rating
Because there were boobs. NSFW Video Evidence
7. Harold Ramis Is Embarrassed By The Scene In East St. Louis
He says it’s the least politically correct scene he’s ever filmed and that he wouldn’t have done it the same way (or maybe at all) today.
8. The Script Originally Called For The Griswolds To Go To Disneyland
But Disney objected as, unlike Walley World, they are open 365 days a year.
9. The Film Is Based On An Article By John Hughes
It appeared in the September 1979 issue of The National Lampoon.
10. Harold Ramis Has An Uncredited Role As A Police Officer At Walley World.
Though he’s never seen, his voice is heard.
11. Bonus: Chevy Chase Is A Dick
He just is. Who doesn’t know that? TEAM BILL MURRAY.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has been captured, Turkish media report.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact email@example.com to let us know.