BuzzFeed UK Shopping Newsletter prize draw November 4th to November 19th
Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is open only to United Kingdom residents aged 18 and over at the date of entry. Employees and agents of BuzzFeed or any other company or brand associated with the prize draw are ineligible to enter the prize draw, as are members of their immediate families or households.
2. Entrants must have internet access and an account with an email provider. Entries must be made by the authorised account holder of the account used at the time of entry.
3. One entry is allowed per person, regardless of the method of entry. If multiple entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person, email address or social media account, only the first entry from such person, email address or social media account will be considered. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your entry to us. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. The winner shall be the owner of the email address or social media account from which the winning entry is sent.
Prize Draw Entry
4.To enter the prize draw, follow the published instructions. No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
5. The prize draw begins on [November 4th] at [12:00] GMT. All entries must be posted/received by [23:59] GMT on [November 19th] and late entries (for whatever reason) will be invalid. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
6. Any entry which does not comply with these Terms and Conditions may be disqualified from the prize draw.
7. Entries may not contain, as determined by BuzzFeed in its sole discretion, any content that:
a. is sexually explicit or suggestive; violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
b. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
c. promotes any particular political agenda or message;
d. is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
e. may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, or abusive or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability
f. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Promotor, other people or companies;
g. contains any viruses or other harmful programs;
h. contains trade marks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
i. contains any personal identification, such as licence plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses of any other person;
j. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
k. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
l. contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
m. contains any other third party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use;
n, communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or
o. violates any law.
8. Reasons for possible disqualification from the prize draw include, but are not limited to:
a. your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions;
b. you are not eligible to enter the prize draw;
c. you cannot be contacted.
In the event of disqualification, we may select a new winner in accordance with the selection processes outlined below.
9. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with this prize draw, please email us at email@example.com with “BuzzFeedUK Newsletter Sweepstakes Queries” as the subject line.
The prizes and winner selection
10. The prizes are as described on the prize draw entry page. There are a total of 1 x £100 Amazon voucher available to be won.
11. The prize winners will be selected through a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on or after 23rd November.
12. The draw will be performed either by a random computer process or by a blind draw by a member of our staff.
13. The winner will be notified by direct message on or around 23rd November.
14. The prize is awarded at BuzzFeed’s discretion and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant. There are no cash alternatives and prizes are not transferable nor exchangeable by the winner. BuzzFeed reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value if the original prize offered is not available. BuzzFeed accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize description.
15. BuzzFeed’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. BuzzFeed reserves the right at any time to disqualify any entry if it has reason to believe that it fails to meet the eligibility requirements and/or otherwise fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Claiming the Prize
16. In order to claim the prize, the winner must provide their full name, date of birth and a contact email address or telephone number, and for physical prizes will be asked to provide an address in the United Kingdom to which the prize should be delivered. The prize will be delivered within 30 days of the date on which the winner provides the requested delivery details.
17. If a prize remains unclaimed 30 days after the initial notification is sent to a winner, the winner rejects the prize, the winner is ineligible, the winner’s entry is invalid or disqualified or the winner has otherwise failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected at random in accordance with the procedure set out above (and that winner will have to respond to notification within 30 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
Publicity and your personal information
18. BuzzFeed’s privacy notice can be found at https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/privacy.
19. Winners may be asked to participate in publicity, and to sign a media release form for that purpose.
20, The surname and county of the winners will be available after 23rd November by writing to BuzzFeed at the email address below. If you do not want your surname and county included on the list of winners, you must notify BuzzFeed a reasonable period of time before the closing date of the promotion by writing to the email address below.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit BuzzFeed’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraud.
22. BuzzFeed assumes no responsibility for lost, unauthorised, misdirected, illegible, falsified, delayed or incomplete entries, all of which are invalid and void, or for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this prize draw, including as a result of any technical delay, failure or defect. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by BuzzFeed.
23. BuzzFeed will not be liable if any prize fails to reach the potential winner or if the potential winner cannot take it for reasons beyond BuzzFeed’s control, if any prize is damaged during delivery, or if BuzzFeed is unable to contact the winner, including due to your provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
24. BuzzFeed reserves the right at any time to withdraw, delay, amend or discontinue this prize draw temporarily or permanently and with or without prior notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control including without limitation cases of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances beyond its reasonable ability to control and will not be in breach of these terms or liable for any delay or failure in performing its obligations due to such circumstances.
25. BuzzFeed shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this prize draw where the failure is caused by the acts or omissions of third parties (including third party providers of any prizes) or by something which is outside its reasonable ability to control.
26. The prize draw and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, except that if you live in another part of the United Kingdom, you can also bring a claim in the courts of that part of the United Kingdom.
27. For all queries or issues with this prize draw, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.