34 Things For Anyone Who's Terrified Of Bugs
"You don't have to go home but you can't stay here." —me to all the bugs in my apartment.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rechargeable electronic zapper that is a major upgrade from the old shoe you usually use to kill bugs.
2. An under-door seal to ensure that no bite-y little visitors sneak in even when the door is closed.
3. Some bug control spray that will vanquish the hordes of bloodsuckers treating your yard like their own personal buffet.
4. An indoor insect trap that uses a UV light to attract bugs, a fan to suck them in when they get too close, and sticky glue boards to trap them inside. It looks much nicer than most indoor bug traps, and does a great job reducing the number of mosquitos, fruit flies, and other insects sharing your home.
5. An ultrasonic pest repeller if you don't want bugs in your home but would rather not inflict death upon them. This device uses advanced ultrasound technology to make conditions for insects (and even mice) so intolerable that they naturally leave. "Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!" —me to all the bugs in my house after plugging this thing in.
6. A portable bug bite suction tool that literally sucks the venom out of your skin to help reduce itching and swelling from a mosquito, bee, or wasp sting. In other words, I'm not going anywhere without this thing ever again.
7. A nontoxic fly trap in case you'd rather kill flies less... violently. Plus, they can attract and trap flies in huge numbers if you've got a big problem with these obnoxious pests.
9. A BUG-A-SALT – it offers an alternative to the classic fly swatter by firing a pinch of ordinary table salt at those bugs that just won't quit. Please use with caution, though, and do not point it at people, pets, or nonpest bugs like butterflies, praying mantises, dragonflies, etc.
10. An instant screen door that takes five minutes to install — no tools (or damage to your door frame) required! The hands-free, magnetic auto-close feature automatically shuts the screen every time you walk through it, making it great for kids, pets, and adults with full hands. Now you can let the cool air in while keeping the bugs OUT.
11. Some apple cider vinegar for a super simple DIY trap that actually helps rid your kitchen of those fruit flies that really should've offered to help out with rent if they were planning on staying this long.
12. A bottle of ant bait granules ingeniously designed to take down entire colonies of ants before they can invade your home.
13. Some liquid ant killer that you can use for ants that have already found their way inside. It attracts the foraging ants who bring some back to nest to eliminate the others you may not even know are in your home.
14. An electronic insect light for anyone who is just DONE with being covered in itchy, swollen bites every time they want to chill in the yard.
16. Some mosquito bits that control larvae population because if they can't breed, they can't feed (on you).
17. Some dryer sheets because I recently learned that bees really hate the way they smell and will leave you alone if you keep one in your pocket!
18. A head net for people who would probably wear an entire hazmat suit every time they went outside if it was socially acceptable. And by people, I mean me.
19. A camping hammock with a mosquito net so you can actually relax in nature without spending most of the time swatting and STILL ending up covered in itchy, persistent welts. This thing really keeps the creepy crawlies out!
20. A baby mosquito net perfect for strollers, car seats, bassinets and carriers so you can keep your little ones safe from bites and stings without any sprays or harsh chemicals.
21. Some window screen repair tape so you don't have to worry about stealthy bugs sneaking in through holes in your screens. No need to spend a lot of money replacing the whole screen!
22. A super strong lotion with controlled-release technology to keep you protected for up to 12 hours.
24. A lemon-eucalyptus spray that is a great, plant-based alternative to DEET. It smells much more pleasant than other bugs sprays, doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy, and repels mosquitoes for up to six hours!
25. An insect repellent made with picaridin instead of DEET that repels mosquitoes, ticks, biting flies, stable flies, black flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies — all without leaving behind a gross bug spray smell.
26. A DEET-free bug repellent made from essential oils that also doubles as a skin moisturizer. It uses ingredients like citronella, lemongrass, aloe vera, and more to ward off the pesky bugs while keeping your skin soft and nourished.
27. A 50-pack of repellent bracelets that are great for people who hate using sprays and lotions but still want protection. They're waterproof, use natural oils instead of DEET, and can be reused for up to 200 hours!
28. Some cockroach gel – they work quickly to take down the entire colony. If you have tried everything and are at the point of giving up (or moving out), try this first!
30. Some flea and tick spray in case your beloved pets try to bring some tiny new friends inside with them. You know, the kind of new friends who love to snack on not just your pets, but you as well! The kind of new friends who leave behind itchy bumps and rashes? You bet! The kind of new friends who LOVE to lay like 50 eggs in a day? Those are the ones! GET RID OF THEM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
31. A hypoallergenic mattress cover to keep the most vile creatures known to humans from taking up residence in your bed. That's right, I'm talking about... bedbugs.
32. Some sticky traps to help keep your houseplants free of obnoxious gnats, fruit flies, and other flying insects.
33. A bug remover designed to quickly and easily remove the bug carcasses on your windshield, grille, and side mirrors *without* leaving behind streaks or a greasy film.
34. A stylish mosquito net for your bed so you can sleep in peace knowing you won't have any surprise bites in the morning. Plus, it makes your bed look AMAZING.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.