1. It’s up to you whether you go down the route of “children’s birthday party entertainer” or “freaky horror movie clown who haunts my dreams”. Luckily these guys went for the first option.
2. 70’s discomania. Big shades, big hair, big flairs, big fun.
3. Save yourself from a boring festival with some superhero fancy dress like these guys.
4. If superheroes aren't your thing, why not join the dark side and dress as a villain?
5. “It’s a-me, Mario!” Grab a friend and become your favourite classic mushroom hopping duo.
6. Nobody can outrun the long legs of the law.
7. Why not take inspiration from some of your favourite works of art?
8. Spread an environmental message with your costume choice like these ladies.
9. “Oh, you want a Mexican wave? Well you've come to the right place.”
10. I think we can all agree that the addition of a bowler hat will instantly add some class to any costume.
11. These guys clearly couldn't decide between two different themes, so made their own. Super Smurfs?
12. I bet this group of penguins are feeling pretty cool…
13. There’s so much going on here I don’t even know where to start.
14. If two heads are better than one, what about three?
15. The onesie, simple yet effective.
16. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to bump into this guy in a dark corner of a festival.
17. And now, for the grand finale. I believe this particular costume is commonly known as the “I just can’t”.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!