How One Facebook Page Will Make You Fall In Love With School Again
Now that the end of school is around the corner for my 2nd and 4th grade daughters, I realized that there is something that I will miss terribly this summer – their school’s Facebook updates. Here are 10 posts that made me just fall in love with school again.
2. One English Teacher’s Tribute to David Bowie and Alan Rickman
3. 4th Grader’s Epic Basketball Stunt
4. Deep Thoughts: English Teacher Mr. D’Amato on National Poetry Day
5. Confirmation Whip Nae Nae is the New Macarena
6. Love This Teacher Who Wore A Space Helmet for Spirit Week’s Crazy Hat Day
7. Fan Mail from Batgirl to Her English Teacher
8. What Drives One Music Teacher to Teach
9. Phases of the Moon – Oreo Style
10. Massive Popsicle Stick Bridge
Now I want to go back to school!
Thank you to the talented, wonderful Alexandra Hancock and her team from BASIS Independent Brooklyn (www.basisindependentbrooklyn.com) for being the creative force behind such "fly-on-the-wall" posts that rise above the regular updates parents expect. She helped many busy, working parents feel connected and a sense of community with the school. She also helped make conversations around the dinner table much more interesting.