Spaghetti Squash And Turkey Meatballs (Under $19)
Here's a video showing you how to make it:
1 large spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 jar marinara sauce
1 pound ground turkey
⅓ cup parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
¼ cup white onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup grated parmesan
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Use a fork to pierce holes down the side of the spaghetti squash. Microwave for 5 minutes.
3. When the squash is cool enough to touch (5-10 minutes), slice the squash open, length-wise, with a sharp knife.
4. Scoop out the seeds and drizzle the squash with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Roast the squash cut-side down for 40 minutes, until easily pierced with a knife.
6. In a large bowl, gently mix together the ground turkey, onion, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Form meatballs, and transfer to a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven at 400°F/200°C for 20 minutes, until fully cooked.
8. Using a fork, pull the strands from the cooled spaghetti squash and transfer to serving dish.
9. Top with hot marinara sauce, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.