1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 carrots, diced
1 cup snow peas, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon salt, divided
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Pour in the shrimp and season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
3. Fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
5. Toss in the carrots and remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
6. Add in the snow peas, garlic, and soy sauce and sauté until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds.
7. Toss the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle on the sesame seeds, and mix until everything is well incorporated and the shrimp is fully cooked, about 1 minute.
8. Divide the mixture evenly between 4 bowls and sprinkle with a few more sesame seeds, if desired.